Joel Osteen Quotes on Facing Challenges
“No matter how successful we are, we all face challenges, struggles, and times when things don’t go our way. Understand that God has a divine purpose for every challenge that comes into our lives.” —Joel Osteen – Your Best Life Now
We all have times when things are just difficult and it seems like we’re swimming upstream. Nothing goes our way, the good things we were expecting just don’t happen and we just want to give up. When these situations arise it’s easy to become pessimistic, negative, and just depressed; as time goes on things seem to get worse and worse.
So how do we deal with these every day events and put a stop to the bad cycle? Well, here are 3 ways you can find the divine purpose for challenges that come into our life.
1. When a negative situation arises in your life immediately give thanks for it. That’s right…consciously give thanks for the problem. It’s not easy, but just do it; it will give you a different mindset when finding a solution.
2. Cast the problem into Gods hands and trust that a solution will arise.
3. Immediately look for the positive, try to find the silver lining, the seed to the equivalent benefit. It’s there…..I promise, just look deep and you will find it.
I’ll give you an example, in June of 2008 Fannie Mae changed the rule that reduced the amount of properties an investor could finance from 10 to 4(Fannie Mae recently lifted this rule as of March 1, 2009). The change made a huge impact on our business because most of our investors had more than 4 properties already but had potential to buy more, a lot more. So what did we do? We immediately started looking for the positive, we could have easily closed up shop and blamed the terrible market but we didn’t. We decided we needed to find investors that have 4 properties or less on their credit and target them. We modified our website www.FortressInvestor.com to take traffic and started a national advertising campaign promoting our company. The results were overwhelming, even in a depressed real estate market there’re thousands of people looking to buy turn-key investment properties. It’s has been exciting and way better than we’ve expected and we’re doing more business now than ever before.
When a problem arises that you think has no possible solution, give thanks for it, cast it into Gods hands and ask for help, then immediately start looking for the positive in the situation. It might bring you in a direction you never thought but the end result will be better than you could imagine.
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!
- Dealmakers Quote of the Week – Tim Ferriss Tim Ferriss Quotes – Four Hour Work Week “It’s lonely...
- DealMakers Quote of the Week 1/10/09 Posted By: Sean Terry | January 10, 2009 Michael Jordan...
- DealMakers Quote of The Week 1/27/09 Posted By: Sean Terry | January 27, 2009 Barack Obama...
- Dealmakers Quote of the Week – Trump & Kiyosaki Donald Trump and Robert Kiyosaki Quote on Withstanding Pressure...
- Dealmakers Quote of the Week -Mark Zuckerberg Facebooks CEO Mark Zuckerberg CEO of Facebook “Being Into What You Do”...