Posted By: Sean Terry | January 10, 2009
Michael Jordan on Fear of Failure
“There was never any fear for me, no fear of failure. If I miss a shot, so what?”
Michael Jordan is the greatest basketball player of all times, I love watching him play. I remember when the clock had just seconds on it, the game was on the line and the plan was to get Jordan the ball. Millions of people were watching around the world and I’m sure his heart was beating out of his chest. Without hesitation he took the ball and made a shot that would be remembered for generations to come.
Fear of failure in any field is the kiss of death, it will stop you from reaching heights you never though you could achieve. So how do you overcome the fear of failure? Well, here are 3 specific actions you can take to eliminate the paralyzing “what if it doesn’t work” syndrome.
Step 1. Ask God, Source, the Universe, or whatever your preferred name for the higher power might be to help you with the prolbem you’re struggling with. I prefer God, every morning I cast any burdens I have on to his plate. It’s amazing the relief I feel when I do this. And the result? I will tell you this, it feels like I’m paddling upstream when I don’t do this exercise and everything becomes extremely difficult. When I consistently do this the boat turns and the downstream current makes life easy and effortless. Try it, what do you have to lose.
Step 2. Learn everything you can about the preferred subject and then learn more. This will give you the confidence to move forward.
Step 3. Just do it, don’t hesitate, do think about it not working, think about how great it will be when you accomplish the task at hand. Never quit and always keep your eye on the end result.
I really hope this helps, and I would love to hear any other methods you use for overcoming the fear of failure.
- Dealmakers Quote of the Week – If We Believe We Can Succeed? How to Create Winning Beliefs To Achieve Success “[Luke:] I...
- Dealmakers Quote of the Week -Mark Zuckerberg Facebooks CEO Mark Zuckerberg CEO of Facebook “Being Into What You Do”...
- Dealmakers Quote of the Week – Steve Wynn – 2/15/09 Steve Wynn, Success is Loving What You Do “I have...
- DealMakers Quote of the Week 2/1/09 Posted By: Sean Terry | February 1, 2009 Kurt Warner...
- DealMakers Quote of The Week 1/27/09 Posted By: Sean Terry | January 27, 2009 Barack Obama...