Steve Wynn, Success is Loving What You Do
“I have developer’s disease. I love to sit at a drafting table and draw plans for hotels, wrestling with problems of traffic and the flow of people. That’s what turns me on.”
There are so many inspiring people that I could quote in every different field, but Steve Wynn has created some of the most amazing destination spots in the world. I’m not a big gambler but I do like nice things. I had a chance to spend some time at the Wynn Resort a while back and he is an absolute perfectionist when it comes to his buildings, it’s really amazing what $2.7 Billion Dollars can buy.
If you LOVE what you do, I mean really love it, than it becomes very easy to pour your passion into your business. This is a curtail ingredient to becoming successful as a real estate investor or other career choice.
“So what if I don’t love what I do, then what?”
Here are 4 steps on how to find what you really love to do.
1. Ask the question, “What do I love to do?” and just sit quite, no mental noise, just quite your mind for 15–20 minutes and really think deep about this question. You will notice ideas coming to you, some of them weird but some plausible. Don’t try to write them down just yet, just stay quite and see what comes to you.
2. Now, you can write down the most compelling ideas. Try to picture yourself actually doing the job, or activity associated. Take notice how you feel. If you get a rush of positive excitement than your in the right direction.
3. Select several of possibilities and read/research everything you can about the most successful people in that field, read their bios, book or blogs. Find out everything you can about their career.
4. Now start from where you are, don’t quit your job, just take small steps in the right direction. For example, I read the book No Money Down Real Estate by Robert Allen when I was on ship in the Persian Gulf waiting to go to war, I was 21 years old. When I returned I dove right in and started looking at properties, I had no clue what I was doing but I knew I had to make the effort and get started. I ended up buying an 8 unit apartment complex with a close friend. I was 22 and my real estate investing career was on its way!
Finding out what you love to do and actually being able to do it is an awesome experience. I can’t wait for Mondays, how about you?
If you have a burning question you need to get answered, then don’t hesitate to leave a comment below and Mike or I would be happy to help.
- Dealmakers Quote of the Week – If We Believe We Can Succeed? How to Create Winning Beliefs To Achieve Success “[Luke:] I...
- Dealmakers Quote of the Week -Mark Zuckerberg Facebooks CEO Mark Zuckerberg CEO of Facebook “Being Into What You Do”...
- DealMakers Quote of the Week 2/1/09 Posted By: Sean Terry | February 1, 2009 Kurt Warner...
- DealMakers Quote of the Week 1/10/09 Posted By: Sean Terry | January 10, 2009 Michael Jordan...
- DealMakers Quote of The Week 1/27/09 Posted By: Sean Terry | January 27, 2009 Barack Obama...